Applied Diamond offers diamond parts brazed to a variety of materials, including stainless steel, Inconel, Kovar and Cooper Nickel/Moly.
Examples of our work include:
- Thin SC diamond windows is for a vacuum-based power amplifier operating in the sub-mm regime, hermetic and bakeable to 200-300degC as an assembly. Brazed to a moly, cooper nickel holder
- Polycrystalline diamond thickness of 10 um and an open aperture of 3 – 5 mm diameter brazed to Kovar holders for an x-ray application. The joint between the two will be vacuum-tight, vacuum-compatible, thermally conductive and suitable for high temperature use (>700C).
- SC diamond brazed to a copper ring and Inconel holder, then laser welded into an Inconel plate, electroplated with 12 um of nickel and 2 um of gold. The application is for a Synchrotron Light Source.
- A 30 mm polycrystalline diamond brazed to a copper ring and stainless steel UHV flange. Completed parts will be certified to a leak rate of less than 1×10-9cc/second under a partial pressure of helium for 1 minute.
- We’ve bonded diamond to diamond, to copper, to Mo, to WC and many other materials.