CVD diamond’s thermal management properties address today’s single biggest cause of failure in electronics – heat.
- Diamond outperforms copper, silicon carbide and aluminum by factors of 3-10
- Applied Diamond makes Heat spreaders with 3 levels of thermal conductivity available: 800-2000 W/mk- tailored to application with cost/benefit optimization. For more information on our heat spreader products, see heat spreader products
- Diamond is a wide-bandgap semiconductor (5.47 eV) with potential as an electronic device wherever high frequencies, high powers, high temperatures or high voltages are required Charge-carrier mobility, high breakdown resistance and the thermal conductivity suggest that diamond would be particularly well suited to operation as a semiconductor material
If you have a problem that can’t be solved with current materials or you need more detailed assistance, don’t hesitate to give us a call at Applied Diamond. We have designed and developed heat spreaders for:
- High Power RF Devices
- Optoelectronics Devices
- High-Voltage Power Devices
- Semiconductor Assembly & Test Equipment.